NOTE: You should NOT fill out these forms in these situations:
- If you are a full-time teacher or professional staff member at a Massachusetts community college you already pay full-time dues. You should NOT fill out these forms.
- If you are part-time or DCE but have filled out these forms before, you do not need to fill them out again unless
- you want a change in status (become a member if not one) or
- have a new mailing address, or
- want to start payroll deductions or
- want to pay a bill by check or credit card or PayPal*.
- Not sure? Please fill out the forms, it only takes 3 or 4 minutes!
* If you have started payroll deductions they continue automatically unless you notify us otherwise.
Welcome to the
Massachusetts Community College Council (MCCC), a union of the faculty,
librarians, counselors, and other professionals, for the 15 community
colleges of the Commonwealth.
Founded in 1977, the "M-triple-C" was founded when there was no state
support for the educators working in our public colleges, and when,
recognizing that, the Commonwealth passed legislation permitting the
professionals in public higher education to form unions.
The Division of Continuing Education unit (MCCC-DCE) was formed in
1991. It includes practically all (see note 1 below) of the part-time
teaching faculty in
the 15 Massachusetts community colleges.
The colleges and the MCCC have agreed that contractually all
unit members must pay either union dues or fees.
(You should be informed of this prior to being hired.) The fees are
cheaper, and bring all contractual protections to you, but you do get
more by joining the union and paying the dues. A link below leads to
more information about dues and fees.
The purpose of this page and the pages it generates is to facilitate
- introducing new part-time teaching and support professional
unit members to the MCCC
- providing the MCCC with the information it needs to
- providing you with a convenient way to pay the fees
or dues that are required.
Note: These pages are ONLY for members of
the DCE (Division of
Continuing Education) unit and part-time members of
the day unit. Full-time members should
not use these pages.
- Use the following link for an explanation of
MCCC dues and
fees and the difference between full membership and agency fee payer. When you are done, use your browser's "Back" button to return
here, and then you can proceed to step 2 below: Click here for Dues and Fees explanation.
Note: You will need to choose between full membership and agency fee payer. This selection is permanent for the entire semester and may not be changed mid-semester.
- Use the following link to get
started providing your contact and employment-related information and
paying your dues or fees.
You will be able to pay using payroll deduction from your
college (note 2), by credit card, or PayPal account, or by check.
If you already
pay MTA and NEA dues through another local, you will be able to select
only the MCCC dues.
CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED entering your contact and employment information.
- A few of
the part-time teaching faculty are included in the day unit. These are
mostly working in clinical health-career areas.
- Most colleges will not provide payroll deductions
for most part-time professional staff.